So you’re looking for a wedding photographer but you’re on the fence if you want to include an engagement session in your wedding collection. As a photographer, my first recommendation would be: YES, absolutely you should!
But if you’re still not convinced, here are 5 reasons I recommend my couples do an engagement session:
1. It’s a great chance to get to know your wedding photographer and get a little more comfortable working with them and familiar with their shooting style
2. It’s an opportunity to get a little sentimental with your boo and you can opt for an adventurous scenic backdrop or revisit spots that are meaningful to you and your relationship (think first date locations)
3. We have more time and flexibility to get creative and artistic with shots compared to wedding day photos which typically involve prioritizing the “classic” style shots in order to adhere to wedding timelines
4. Similar to the first point, you’ll feel a little more comfortable being photographed while I follow you around for the ENTIRETY or your wedding day
5. You get beautiful photos to use on your save the dates and wedding invites, not to mention sharing on social and decorating the house with!
Most of the time, my couples show up feeling nervous and unsure what to expect. They’re concerned about being awkward in front of the camera and not knowing what to do but don’t fret!
It’s 100% my area of expertise and I’m going to help you feel like a real-life model. I provide you with all the direction and guidance to help document your relationship in a natural (and fun) way! Ready to book your engagement session? Shoot me a message!